CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 23, 2006

A Quick Look Back

So much has happened since the last time I updated the blog. I've (Whitney) been to Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Philly, and Florida. Of course the most exciting thing that has taken place is our final move to the lovely village of Kitty Hawk. I apologize for the long delay to my family members who only get to see us through this website. We just had our internet installed the other day and with the arrival of four house guests, time has slipped by.

This little journey you're getting to view is of a Rip Curl trip to the Northeast. I added a photo of one of my window displays so you can actually see that I do work. I brought along a handy sidekick, Brittany Doyle, for safety purposes, company, and because she's dating Jesse's cousin, Wes, who lives in Jersey.

The photos below were taken on my favorite boat, the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, and also with the Stratton family... who Jesse is technically no longer related to, but we still call them cousins. Mr. Stratton a.k.a. John, is the handsome fella you see with the potato eyes and Cadillac medallion. On my list of "funniest people I know", the Stratton family is at the top. John and Carol's sons, Wes and Doug, are the two strapping young men that also graced some of the photos. We all adventured through Atlantic City casinos (super creepy)... and took a roadtrip to Philly for a little educational experience and sight-seeing. The Metropolitan Museum of Art (in the Rocky movie) was a great "educational experience"... we learned to call ahead and see what time they close because we showed up four minutes too late. But hey, it was fun, beautiful and we even sang the Rocky theme up the stairs. Philly was GREAT. Good times, good people, good shopping.

Though I claim the saying "American by birth, Southern by the grace of God," I have to admit that there are some fabulous places and people in the North. Thank you Stratton family! I love you all.

0 comments: