CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Golden Family

What you see below is an army of Golden Retrievers. Quite possibly the most amazing dog breed there is. For those of you who know me well (Whit), you know that I have been in love and obsessed with Golden Retrievers since I was a small babe. At one point in my life I subscribed to dog magazines, had Golden Retriever pillows, blankets, statues, necklaces, frames, tee-shirts, etc. and to top it all off... a giant wall collage of thousands of photos of goldens. Finally my dream came true when my life was blessed with the most lovable dog there is Mr. Sebi (a.k.a. Mitter Tebi). I got him nine and a half years ago for graduation from high school and he's brought me more joy and snuggles than words can describe.

Well, about nine months ago, Jesse and I added a new member to the Hines family. The one, the only, Sugar Muffin. She has the most gorgeous little face and loves to eat horse manure and cat poo, but we still love her. Sugar and Mr. Sebi are best buds too. I said all that to say this: I was in heaven when Jesse's dad and stepmom brought Sugar's grandmother, mom, dad, sister and brother to our house for a long weekend. It was a beautiful sight! It was a great family reunion for us and for the dogs too.

The photo of Jesse kissing a white-faced golden is Sugar's grandmother, Marigold. The photo of Sebi under the table with a fellow old man dog is Parker, Sugar's daddy. Maggie is her mommy who is really big and white. The photo of all the dogs with their heads sticking out of the porch shows Sugar and her sister, Sugar... yes, they have the same names. And yes, they are twins. Identical aren't they? I love golden Retrievers!

0 comments: