CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Farewell Rip Curl

After two fun, but long, years with Rip Curl, my visual merchandising career has come to a close. Thanks to a new CEO and a drastic cut of fifty percent in the marketing department (including us visual folks), I am now able to pursue my dreams of being a potter and artist. I am so glad to know I don't have to spend lonesome hours on the road anymore, nor show my face in surf shop after surf shop... don't get me wrong, I love the friends I've made, but I love to be home with Jesse, Sebastian, Hank-Freeman and Sugar... and of course, in the woods or ocean!!

I've included some photos of the surf expo that I went to two weeks ago and what it looks like before and after set up.... Lots of crates, boxes, machines, and chaos to start. A group of strong men take three days to fully assemble everything that has been shipped from California. After... miniature surf shop feel with colors, carpet, and joyful employees. That's me with my friend Kim (blondish hair) and my old boss Steph (dark hair). She was a great boss and I know that the Lord put me at Rip Curl so we could be pals for life... she just quit and will be moving back home to good ole Tennessee. We always had a blast together at the shows! Stephanie (Funi)- I love you and miss you! Thanks for everything!!

0 comments: