CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

First Snow in Kitty Hawk

Last night we had our first official snow in our new house! A real gullywasher (downpour of heavy rain) had been hovering over the Outer Banks all day... and then it happened... at 11:00pm the flakes became apparent. I stepped outside to witness the change from huge rain drops beating on our metal roof to fluffy snowflakes gently falling on the porch rail. For the next two hours I continued to watch out the window in disbelief at the mild blizzard taking place. Sure it was sunny when I woke up, but the cars had snow on the windshields and the steps were covered in ice, that was enough for me to be happy. Believe it or not, the local schools were even closed. Hey, this the southeast, not the midwest... it's a big deal!

0 comments: